Randolph College Environmental Club is one of the most active club on campus.
Its headquarters are located in the LEED Loft above the Mail Room (you will need to enter through the RED door), and its members meet every other Tuesday to discuss what its different committees did during the week.
Every member of the club has responsibilities, all of them needing some leadership skills to be effective.
Other than the usual committees' tasks, the club organizes hiking/biking trips on the Blackwater Creek or in the Blue Ridge Mountains, as well as lectures, movie screenings, and "Green" Parties.
In 2007 and 2009, several active memebers attended the Powershift conference. Six thousand students attended the 2007 conference that included speakers, expert panels, workshops, etc. at University of Maryland at College Park.
In the News
- August 25, 2008 - WSET-TV news coverage of Laundry Detergent and Bike Sharing programs
- Summer 2008 - The Greening of Randolph (Profile feature on the Environmental Club)
- November 1, 2008 - Randolph students attend PowerShift conference
Officers for 2009-2010
- Co-Chairs: Katelin Shugart-Schmidt (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Dani Robinson (email@example.com)
- Treasurer: Mareeha Niaz (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Secretary: Megan Roberts (email@example.com)
- Inter-Colleges Relation: Danielle Simms (firstname.lastname@example.org)